Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bali


We are moving to Canada soon so we're taking our final family Asia trips now. We went to Bali about a month ago. I love Bali because it’s sort of a mix of Hawaii type developed tourism, Hindu culture with a very pronounced boho element of scraggly Australian surfers and random European college-ish kids. The later part pleasantly reminds me of my younger years when I was able to float around South America a bit with a backpack, $15 a day and a high tolerance for very risky looking eating establishments.

The older kids also got to do their first surfing. Private lessons, one hour, board included - $10. This was my kind of place. Both Abby and Ben got up quite a few times. They are so small that they could pop right up, even on a 6 foot board. Anyway, here are some pictures from Kuta Beach.


More Bali pics to come.

No comments: