Monday, October 22, 2007

Heart of Darkness

We recently got back from a vacation to Vietnam and Cambodia, a perennial family-friendly destination. I told people at work that we rented a motor boat with a machine gun mounted on the back and headed up river. I think they sort of believed me.

We booked the trip before we realized that Jenny, being pregnant, couldn't take the needed malaria medicine for the Cambodia leg, so we decided that I'd go on first Cambodian leg (3 days) with Abby and Ben and then we'd meet up in Vietnam after that.

Needless to say, with me alone at the helm the acceptable hygiene level dropped way down, the danger level went up and I think the general fun level went up quite a bit also. Once we got back together in Vietnam things normalized, but we still had a good time.

Anyway, I'll try to post some pictures etc. of the trip soon.

No comments: