Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Baby raccoon

Abby is still hankering for a pet. She’s refining her strategy now. Last week she came to me and said that she no longer wanted a rabbit, because they go to the bathroom too much. Instead she gave me three potential pets to choose from: 1) a chipmunk, 2) a baby raccoon or 3) a teacup dog. I was then given a fairly systematic description of the relative merits of each. A chipmunk was very small, probably didn’t go to the bathroom that much and was very friendly. A baby raccoon had all the benefits of large raccoon, though she did not elaborate on what these were, but it was much smaller. Being smaller it was less likely to ransack our trashcans. A teacup dog was probably the best because she and her brothers all wanted a dog and a teacup dog was very small – aptly named since you could fit it in a teacup even when full grown. I was then asked to wait while she proceeded to the kitchen, where she got a mug to show me how small the dog would be.

I asked her where you could buy, say, a chipmunk in Shanghai.
Well, at the cricket market, of course.
Why not just buy a cricket?
Way too boring, maybe even more boring than a fish.
The saga continues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the chipmunk! :) Kerry