Monday, September 3, 2007

A girl after my own heart

This summer while in Los Angeles Abby heard that there was a water shortage in Southern California. She even told me that the mayor of LA announced the need to reduce water use, but then he got in trouble for increasing his water consumption after the announcement. In any case, she took it seriously and started to take cold showers. When Jenny asked her why she was taking cold showers, she said that it made her not want to stay in for so long so she was saving water. While my jobs or projects aren’t as directly involved in environmental issues as they once were, I still retain the sensibilities (which sometimes drive Jenny a bit crazy when I go around turning off the AC in the summer). Anyway, I was impressed by my 6 year old’s earnestness.

No comments: